Book Title: How to create a mind
Written by: Ray Kurzweil
Chapter Title: The mind as computer (Chapter 8)
A short note from the blog’s author:
The converse does not hold.
The above statement, which I’ve already highlighted and emphasized in the text, seems to me as one the greatest achievements of the humans in understanding the brain (or mind, if you prefer to include its emerging characteristics).
If we imagine an unbreakable wall between the present time and the far future, theabove-mentioned Fact is the largest hole in the wall enabling us to take a look back to the future.
Note: To comply with the requirements of the fair use, the excerpts here are not necessarily the most important or the core concepts or even summary of the book. They are just a few sentences and statements I have highlighted in the book for later reference, hoping that reading them encourage you to buy the book and read it.
- How to create a mind by Ray Kurzweil – Book Review
- Excerpts from “How to create a mind” by Ray Kurzweil (Introduction)
- Transcendent Abilities: Excerpts from How to Create a Mind (Chapter 6)
- The mind as computer: excerpts from “How to create a mind”, chapter 8
- Thought experiments on the mind: excerpts from “How to create a mind”, chapter 9
- How to create a mind (Info + Review + Summary + PDF)
- Ray Kurzweil interviews Marvin Minsky (Video): Is singularity near?