Book Title: How to create a mind
Author: Ray Kurzweil
Publication date: 28.Aug.2013
Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group
Category: Non-fiction / Computer Science / Artificial Intelligene
Keywords: Brain, Mind, Thought Experiments, Artificial Intelligence, Intelligence, Pattern Recognition, Abstraction, Categorization
In How to Create a Mind, Ray Kurzweil tries to reverse-engineer the brain. He proposes a model which helps to understand the mechanisms behind the brain function.
He is seriously against the popular notion of brain/mind dualism and asserts that the mind is what the brain does.
Although not as popular as his other book, Singularity is near, still it’s one of the most debated books on the topic.
- How to create a mind by Ray Kurzweil – Book Review
- Excerpts from “How to create a mind” by Ray Kurzweil (Introduction)
- Transcendent Abilities: Excerpts from How to Create a Mind (Chapter 6)
- The mind as computer: excerpts from “How to create a mind”, chapter 8
- Thought experiments on the mind: excerpts from “How to create a mind”, chapter 9
- How to create a mind (Info + Review + Summary + PDF)
- Ray Kurzweil interviews Marvin Minsky (Video): Is singularity near?